Installing DuoCode 2.0.1542.0 extension (registered version) for VS2015
to not work at all.
The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(2943) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: Cannot convert the "Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SecurityDescriptorCommandsBase" value of type "System.String" to type "System.Type".
We can't reproduce this issue here and we tested it on 6 different machines.
Please try these steps:
1) Try to install latest Visual Studio 2015 Update 2
2) Also try to reset devenv settings, this is how:
"<Visual studio installation path>\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /ResetSettings
3) Try to run devenv under different root suffix (install DuoCode vsix again), this is how:
"<Visual studio installation path>\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /RootSuffix Exp
4) Finally try to reinstall Visual Studio 2015 completely
Hope this will solve your issue,
2) we could organize a TeamViewer session where you can do that.
3) I do not have the time for those tests: contact me via email and we organize a call if it is necessary.
1) Can you elaborate on this? Is inside VS only? or command prompt too?
2) Can you try to uninstall the DuoCode VS Extension, and try to use DuoCode compiler as NuGet package only.
3) Try to downgrade NuGet to 3.3?